Saturday, June 11, 2011

Time to Face the Future

The future is here and my students need and require a teacher who has the skills, knowledge and attitude necessary to support their learning and growth. As a National Board Certified teacher and with a Master's Degree in Education I suppose I felt secure and confident. I wasn't willing to face my own lack of confidence and beliefs about integrating digital tools and resources with my young students. After viewing the ICT standards from UNESCO which are technological literacy, knowledge deepening and knowledge creation and then the K-2 grade expectations in technology from the Vermont Dept. of Education I realize that I can no longer afford to wait and fall back on the old ways of teaching and integrating technology minimally. It is uncomfortable at times because things change so quickly in the digital world. There is always a new tool or website to investigate, I have felt that there is no way to keep up. However the stakes are high and it is vital that my students have the opportunities that will enable them to participate fully in the digital world of today and the future. So I will push myself to stay current, think creatively and use the examples in the VT tech grade expectations as well as other resources to integrate technology and digital tools naturally and fluently in all areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment